Wednesday, August 20, 2014

3 years later

Time flies, my inconsolably crying 3 month old is now 3 years old.  'A' baby doesn't wake up at night, in fact getting her out of bed in the morning is a CHORE! She loves her daddy, loves princesses and making new friends (in that order).  She is very different from me and yet everything I ever wanted to be.  

A lot has happened over 3 years, her mommy graduated school, daddy has a new stressful, no time at all kind of job. 'A' baby is in preschool, she is bi-lingual, loves to sing songs in both languages, enjoys dancing, had a first dance recital on stage, makes the weirdest excuses for doing/not doing something ("Mommy, because I danced for yellow polka dot bikini I am shy!" "Because I am a big girl I have to drink milk from the water glass"); she is god believing, i don't like saying fearing, loves Gurudware, her grandparents, reading and trying to write and much much more...., she potty trained herself! I know I still can't believe it.

I was in such a hurry for her to grow up that I did not truly appreciate the lovely baby that she was.  She was an easy baby, she loves her mommy but she already doesn't need me.  Yesterday I took her out to play with a new group of friends, after she warmed up she did not want me to hold her hand, help her count, help her look for friends who are hiding. NOTHING! When did she become so independent?  When did she stop needing me!?!?  It suddenly hit me that I was soo busy waiting for her to grow up that I forgot to enjoy the time she was little.  It really does go by very very fast!

I am going to be another annoying mom who will say it I know I can't believe it...I am saying it...here goes....

"Enjoy it!  It goes by very fast.  They are little for a very short time!"

I am so proud of the little outgoing, tantrum throwing, hugging and kissing monster that she is.  I wish she always has this attitude to make new friends, play and enjoy life.  Have no time to eat because she is so busy having fun! LOVE U - Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment